Monday, October 17, 2011

Eye of the Beholder 2 and Old School Dungeon Crawlers

I was a big fan of Eye of the Beholder 2 back in the day. I spent a lot of time skulking around in the sewers of Waterdeep, and falling victim to all sorts of traps and monsters. It was fun. I miss those old, first person style dungeon crawlers; the last one I remember playing was Wizardry 8, and that was at least seven or eight years ago. Anyway, looks like some developers share my nostalgia for games like this, because they're making a throw-back RPG called Legends of Grimrock. It looks pretty cool, and might be out (I hope) by the end of the year.

Here's some gameplay footage.

3 comments:

  1. Wizardly 8 was a bitchin fun game. It is a damn shame that was the last of the series. I had a really good time with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wizardry 8 was a fun one. So many different class and race combinations. I never was able to beat it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame, the ending was really cool and apparently tied into the previous games. My party was awesome!

    ReplyDelete